Oct 29, 2010

Help Sometimes Come in Small Packages

I recently had a young man tell me something that surprised a bit.

This young man left his family and ran away. He slept on couches, on the street, and other places. He experimented with many things to cover the pain and confusion. He is now living on his own but once again talking with this family. Things are finally better. He even smiles again. While he was away I never ministered to him in person. I prayed he would be spared the trouble and pain that I often see on the streets. And I simply sent him open statements of acceptance and encouragement via FaceBook. He never once responded. Recently I asked him why he never responded. He honestly said, "I just didn't know what to say. But I did take in the meaning of your words toward me. And it helped more than you can know."

So keep on reaching out to all those who feel unaccepted and understood and to even those that act-out in desparation because they just can't seem to find another way. Words matter.


"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment