Jan 24, 2012

A Poem By a Street Youth Client

This poem was shared with me to share with readers. It's from a 22 year old girl who lives and sleeps on the street.


The world is a kaleidoscope of color,
Moving,
Shrinking,
In and of itself.
Words follow a line.
A line in that world.
They fall,
Like water.
Moving from stone to stone.
They land on someone’s shoulder.
A gentle smile.
They turn and see you.
Maybe they love you.
Maybe they have loved you.
But they will always turn away.
I was recently asked by a street youth what my ministry needs most right now to help out. I replied without hesitation that we need more food volunteers to make sandwiches for our Monday, Tuesday and Friday events. Volunteers have dried up for reasons unknown since Christmas. Help us fill our calendar again at volunteer.StreetYouthMinistry.org.

"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole
Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment