Apr 12, 2012

Who's Welcome?

God is ready when they are.

 

I stopped by a youth who struggles with addiction. He was playing a board game with someone else and his face looked pretty clear. I was cheered by both.

 

I asked, "Would you be interested in going to 'Going Deeper Worship' tonight?" This is a worship service that has been opened up by a partner church to street youth who seek new relationships with people not from the streets, who want to experience something new in church, and who are ready in some way to take a step of trying out church again. 

 

He looked up at me and said, "Why do you keep asking me when you know what I do." He meant his addiction. I responded, "There ought to be an inscription above every church in the world that says 'There is nothing you can do to make yourself excluded by the Master of this house."

 

He grinned. He said, "I'm not ready today but I'm working on it."

 

 

"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!
Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment