Jul 3, 2012

Prayer Time Discussions

In a prayer time this week, street youth were in the part of our prayer concert about what's going on with them and what they want God to do in their lives. Here is a typical prayer concert flow, with the youth providing their answers:

  • What is prayer?
  • God is ... what?
  • I'm thankful for... what?
  • What's going on with me?
  • I get in God's way when I.... do what?
  • I want God to act in my life to do... what?
  • I want God to act in the lives of others to do... what?

 

On this day, some of the answers were:

  • Help me drink less
  • Help me have an outlet for my anger and confusion
  • Help me express myself in music
  • Help me have a great band that challenges people to think and change
  •         Help me to hurt less

 

Afterwards, one of the street youth gave me this song title and asked me to share it with people. I think it fit in great with the prayer topics. . The lyrics are: http://www.lyricsmania.com/we_used_to_vacation_lyrics_cold_war_kids.html

 

Join our prayer team.

 

"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!
Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment