Sep 10, 2012

Encouraging Words

Check out these words from a young person struggling. Together, we're helping this person every day! This young person is making progress and wrestling with the concepts of who God is and how to know him. Together we make a difference! Bless you!

"My choice of sobriety was a tough one, and I still feel I want to be high. I have set my personal feelings aside because, despite how I feel, the things I want are different from the things I need. I know in my short time being sober that I have found more enjoyment in the little things than I could ever have enjoyed before--like someone's company or a simple conversation. Not to say it's easy or I don't get stressed, but the things I enjoy now I get to enjoy with my heart and soul. I know when I start my day that I am in control. No one can drive my life but me. I for once in my life have faith in myself. I know I can do this. 

I have been on the streets for eight years now, off and on, and I am only 23 years old. I dropped out of high school because moving around I lost credits. It set me back as well as not being able to get to school some days. Sometimes I was too high to pay attention or just fell asleep. I regret not finishing and now that I am sober I plan on making a solid effort and at least getting my GED.

I am taking my life back from myself. It's even hard for me at the moment to admit all my faults, but I cannot lie to myself anymore. This is not the life I want. I want to be happy and to know what true happiness is even if I have to struggle and fight to get it. I know nothing in life worth having is easy to get. It is not going to be a fast fix or going to happen soon enough for me. But it's going to happen. I believe!!!"

"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!
Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment