May 15, 2013

It's a Small World


I got a call from Alaska, today. It was a person wanting our shipping address. I gave it and then asked why. He explained that he wants to collect shoes and ship a couple of totes of shoes for our clients before winter comes. (Not sure when that its, but it's probably sooner than winter in Texas.) When I asked how we had come to his attention, he indicated that he had found our photos on Facebook interesting. When I asked why he connected, he indicated that he had spent half his life on the street. Ah!

So far as I know, this person was never a client, although it turns out we each know some clients in common. This person is now married and doing well. I asked what turned him around. He said it was a tough judge. I asked if faith was a resource for him, and he indicated that he's not religious or Christian. However, he finds strength and discipline by practicing martial arts. And his devotion to helping others comes from an oath he has taken as part of his martial arts training.

It's a small world and very awesome to have fans all over the country, including Alaska!


"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up

Become a fan on Facebook!Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole
Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment