May 15, 2014

Getting to Know Boggs a Bit

Tell me a little about yourself. 

I am 25 years old. I grew up in Chicago and love making music. I often play guitar or piano at SYM events. I have family back in Chicago and visit them from time to time. I love playing electric guitar on the street. I use the money people give me to buy batteries for my amplifier and strings for my guitar.

What are your plans? 


I am looking forward to SXSW here in Austin*. I plan to travel after SXSW. I hope to own a recording studio one day. 
*the interview was before SXSW this year

How long has SYM been serving you? 


For a little more than 2 years.

What is your favorite SYM Event? 


I really like the Wednesday night fellowship event.

What do you with SYM could do that it doesn't? 


I think I speak for lots of people when I say showers are really hard to find. If you could find a way to help us get access to showers and have a place to store our things safely while we take them, that would be a great service. I have trouble keeping my guitar safe at the one or two places I know to take a [shower] now, for instance.

What are you selecting for your prize?
 


I looked at everything on Amazon. It's amazing what you can buy: cheap food, wine, and lots of stuff. I though maybe I would buy batteries or guitar strings, but then I decided I should get something I can't find on the street. I selected three books by one of my favored authors. I didn't want to buy something I can just check-out at the library. To stretch my prize money, I picked used books so I could get all three of the books I haven't read by this author I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment