Jul 22, 2014

Street Family Reaches Far


We got this recently from a woman in Iowa.

She was responding to an appeal we made on Facebook for socks to give to our clients. Keep in mind that we're a "little" grass-roots ministry here in Austin. 

Isn't it amazing how big the street youth family can be sometimes? 

I'm humbled and amazed.

"Good afternoon. Regarding the need for sox, I sent an email to my pastor to see if he would allow me to organize a sock drive at our church here in Iowa.

This morning I received confirmation that it's a go! He will announce the need to our congregation and ask them to bring socks over the next two weeks. I told him I would handle collecting and then shipping them.

I was able to share with him how your ministry helped my son. You have no idea how excited I am that we can help the street youth ministry even though we are so far away. Will keep you posted."

Image courtesy of  Gualberto107 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment