Sep 21, 2014

Retiring From Traveling Life

We got this note from a young woman we served off and on for a year or two. She is "retiring" now from the traveling life. Her story is typical and we are delighted to share it. A few things were changed because she's a private person, but agreed to share her story to inspire others to act, to do the same, or to find their own path:
Thank you for the help with the letter of referral! I got an address. And I got myself all set up with a job, housing, and supportive people around me. And now all I have to do do is maintain it. 
I LIVE SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I was on and off the streets for six years. The last two have been *solid on*, but a new day is starting. I've also come back to Christianity, and I am feeling stronger now than ever. I went from being raised Christian, to seeing its fallacies and leaving the church, to coming back around and piddling in it, to now being fully devoted--every single day. Every day, every day, every day!
When I left the church, I started to despise Christians after all I'd been through with them. I mostly hated the infighting between denominations, but I also hated their beliefs too. But you know what??? When you're down and out on the streets, with nobody helping--nobody but the Christians (and the Krishnas too), ... it makes a difference. And it got my attention. So I'm back.
BLESSINGS!! And thank you for your LOVE and KINDNESS and PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING. God works through you and the church!




No comments:

Post a Comment