May 7, 2020

SYMin during Covid Times - a point of light for many



SYMin President Terry Cole shares two short stories from a recent day at the Drop-in and environs. One's about an idea shared by a client, something the organization may adopt. The other one, well, it started like this:
   "Today, a young man came by, very agitated, very irritated and down. We served him hot food, gave him clothing. He was grateful but agitated. He talked about the world getting so dark.
   "All of that may be true, I told him, but I need you to look at me. And I need you to listen to me. You are experiencing a bright point. There are two people here to serve you today who could be at home, and hundreds of people collecting the food you are eating. Someone put the sandwich together, someone baked the cookies, and they all chose to do this. Thousands of people support us in prayer and volunteer. This is a spot of brightness in your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment