Feb 14, 2012

A Good Prayer Time

They prayed God would act in more peoples lives.

We had a group of 8 people at a prayer time, some of whom were very challenged to do something "religious." We prayed together in our prayer concert. Here are some things they shared:

  •  God is supposed to be love, but all I see is cruelty and indifference.
  •  I'm thankful for new shoes from one of your volunteers.
  •  I admit: I planned to get wasted today. It's all I know to do right now.
  •  I want God to act in my life: giving me the abundant life He promised and manifesting His  good people.
  •  I want God to act in the lives of others: keeping my boyfriend from overdosing (i.e. bodily functions stop for a time but typically can be revived) for at least 2 months. We amended that request to ask that he never overdose again, but she doubted that was possible.
  •  I want God to act in the lives of people on the UT Drag so they smile more. Maybe that's all they need!

Do you sometimes wonder about God's love in your life?  Leave us a comment.

 

"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!
Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment