Apr 24, 2012

What is Truly Appreciated?


A volunteer recently described working one on one with a client. It's an experimental service we call 1to1. With sufficient church partners, volunteers and tools in place, we would like to scale up 1to1 eventually. The volunteer bought lunch for a client. The volunteer invested time with the client. The volunteer purchased a weekly bus pass for the client so they could get their ID and go to job interviews.

The volunteer let me know that they received a thank you message. It said, "Thank you for the lunch and bus pass. They were nice. But the best thing was that you listened to me as a person for an hour. Thank you for that gift. I treasure it."

Find out more about our volunteer opportunities.


"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up

Become a fan on Facebook!Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole
Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus



No comments:

Post a Comment