Feb 10, 2013

So Proud!

I left the fellowship gathering to make copies of brochures to give out at an upcoming volunteer fair. I didn't expect what I came back to see. It was a fantastic evening.

 

First, I had four clients to came to Covenant Presbyterian Church Wednesday night fellowship on their own. They have experienced enough value that they get themselves there for dinner and stay for the discussion afterward. And I had brought two more for the first time in my truck. I came back to find them sitting packed in at tables with church members. They were integrated into three separate discussion tables. That was a really nice sight.

Integration_copy

But as I listened, it got better. In the din of all the conversations, I could hear my clients talking and sharing. I heard members listening and sharing. It was truly an exchange. The subject matter was about how a church should go about outreach. Should it be focused on converting people or should it be focused on being a blessing.

 

It truly was just an awesome experience to hear summaries from the tables that included our client's ideas. They are super smart. The best programs we have came from them: Wash Night, for example. And they came up with our behavior rule: "personal daily best behavior" is expected from each client at our indoor events. And we will be launching a bus pass program that they helped design. Clients even voted on our logo back when we started, choosing the cross shape and the street or road striping that forms our logo.

 

What a night. I'm so proud of our clients and of my home church, Covenant Presbyterian Church. God is so good!


"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!
Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

 

No comments:

Post a Comment