Jun 8, 2013

"There's nothing better"


Yesterday in our weekly prayer time, a client started a sentence with "There's nothing better than the feeling you get when..." That got my attention. The client had been quietly reflecting on our prayer time and filling out a brief worksheet designed to help him take something personal away from the group prayer time.

I asked him to repeat the sentence for everyone. "There is nothing better than the feeling you get when someone gets their crap together and gets off the street. It's so great when they come back to visit." He went on to describe how happy he was for several clients from Austin and from his home town of El Paso that have gotten clean, housed, employed and "together."

We love it when clients come back to visit, too! We agree with our client, but we add one thing: there is nothing better than the feeling you get when a client gets their stuff together and claims their rightful place in God's Kingdom!

In the rest of the prayer time, clients shared what it's going to be like then they get their stuff together. I'll be clean. My family will accept me. I'll be completely sober. I'll change my habits. I'll have a nice place. I'll be a good dad. I'll start a career. I'll make music every day. I'll see doctors who keep me healthy. 

Join us that these prayers come true, and that our clients do find their place in the sun in God's Kingdom!



"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Wishlist   Publications  Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up

Become a fan on Facebook!
Text or call: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: doodle.com/terry.cole

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Blogger YouTube Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment