Jul 19, 2015
New SNAP Guidelines
There are new policies from the USDA to make it easier for unaccompanied youth to access benefits!
1. Photo ID is not required for SNAP.
2. A permanent address is not required for SNAP.
3. There is no minimum age for SNAP (i.e. youth under 18 can apply on their own if they are living on their own).
4. Youth who are not living with their parents are not required to apply as part of their parent's household.
5. Youth who are staying temporarily with others may apply independently if they are their own "household" (i.e. they customarily purchase and prepare food on their own), or as part of that household if they purchase and prepare food together.
Tags: client solution