Oct 27, 2012

Why do I give?

We received this recently from a donor. We are so thankful that we have supporters from all walks of life and all over the country. We help our clients understand that supporters have lots of reasons for caring. Here is one story:

SYM is one of several places that I have chosen to tithe.  I think that the work that you do is important and may be the only glimpse of Gods love that several of Austin’s street youth will ever encounter.  God bless you in every way possible. I attend a United Methodist Church in Lubbock,TX and I currently work as a mental health tech, but I am working towards my LCDC. I was a nontraditional older student and attended Texas Tech through the Center of Addiction and Recovery and I am a recovering alcoholic/ addict...going to school around all the college age students. Through this experience, God opened my eyes to some of the unique struggles that youth have and I had forgotten the importance of.  My passion for going to school was homelessness and somewhere in the mix I found your site when I was looking for information. I did a powerpoint presentation in class that included SYM as an example of how we can respond to the needs of homeless youth. God Bless you and put his angels of protection around you and the youth...in the name of Jesus Christ..Amen

There are many ways to support our ministry.

"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up

Become a fan on Facebook!Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole
Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus


No comments:

Post a Comment