Nov 20, 2012

What a Volunteer has to Says

Commnets from a recent volunteer:

 

First night with SYM walking the drag meeting some of Austin's street youth/homeless young people. I really became aware of America's--and my own--”ignore = doesn't exist” view of the marginalized. So many people/kids in need--all of them just wanting to belong and to be loved. I want to do so much more. Then I had to drive through the fun fun fun fest on the way home and get all pissed off at social injustice in general. It's been a roller coaster of a day.

 

And a giant thank you to Terry Cole and Street Youth Ministry. Terry, you POUR yourself into those kids. I am inspired by your humility, kindness, gentleness, willingness to listen, and servant's heart. May you find energy and refreshment today so that you continue to bear the fruit of acceptance and love to the marginalized and the oppressed, and may the floodgates of blessings be opened up to you so that your house will not be able to contain all that God has in store for you.

 

Join us at SYM.

 

"To know, love and serve street dependent youth."
Who We Serve   What We Do   Get Involved  Support Us   News  Publications  Ministry Needs   Speaking   Service Projects   Sign-up


Become a fan on Facebook!
Mobile? No problem: m.StreetYouthMinistry.org.
I'm a notary for benefit of clients and supporters. Ph: (512) 553-3796
Volunteer or donate (tax deductible) online
Arrange a meeting with me: tungle.me/terrycole

Follow SYM: Facebook LinkedIn Blog RSS Twitter Plaxo Etsy Etsy Blogger Google Buzz Tungle.me YouTube Google Plus

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment